North Islandgeographical name
Definition of North Island
island of northern New Zealand area 44,297 square miles (114,729 square kilometers), population 3,237,048
Note: Of New Zealand's two chief islands, the North Island is smaller in area and larger in population than the South Island.
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?