Non·possessor | \ "+\
Definition of Nonpossessor
: a member of a 16th century monastic movement within the Russian Orthodox Church, dedicated to prayer and meditation, to simplicity of life and dissociation from worldly affairs especially as achieved through a life of solitude, and to the ideal of poverty to the extent of preferring to own no property either singly or collectively and particularly opposing the established custom of monasteries' owning farms worked by secular laborers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game