No·mi·us | \ ˈnōmēəs\
Definition of Nomius
: a genus of ground beetles (family Carabidae) one of which (N. pygmaeus) occurs in parts of Europe and North America and produces a strong offensive odor
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game