Nizhniy Novgorodgeographical name (1)
Definition of Nizhniy Novgorod
(Entry 1 of 2)
city of central Russia in Europe at the confluence of the Oka and Volga rivers population 1,250,600
Nizhniy Tagilgeographical name (2)
variants: or Nizhni Tagil
Definition of Nizhniy Tagil (Entry 2 of 2)
city in western Russia in Asia on the eastern slope of the Ural Mountains population 362,000
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game