Definition of Nigeria
country in western Africa which borders on the Gulf of Guinea, is a republic within the Commonwealth of Nations, and was formerly a colony and protectorate; capital Abuja area 356,669 square miles (923,768 square kilometers), population 203,453,000
Note: Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game