Definition of Nigeria
country in western Africa which borders on the Gulf of Guinea, is a republic within the Commonwealth of Nations, and was formerly a colony and protectorate; capital Abuja area 356,669 square miles (923,768 square kilometers), population 203,453,000
Note: Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game