variants: or less commonly Nganasane \ əŋˌgänəˈsänē \
plural Nganasani or Nganasanis also Nganasane or Nganasanes
Definition of Nganasani
1 : a Samoyed people inhabiting the Taimyr peninsula of Siberia
2 : a member of the Nganasani people
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game