New York pointnoun
Definition of New York point
: an embossed system of writing for the blind that is now largely disused, is similar to braille but employs a cell two dots high and variable up to four dots in width arranged in accommodation to the frequency of letter occurrence, and provides for mathematical expression and a full musical notation
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?