New York Baygeographical name
Definition of New York Bay
inlet of the Atlantic Ocean in southeastern New York state and northeastern New Jersey at the mouth of the Hudson River forming the harbor of metropolitan New York City and consisting of Upper New York Bay and Lower New York Bay connected by the Narrows (strait separating Staten Island and Long Island)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game