Definition of Nepal
landlocked country in Asia on the northeast border of India in the Himalayas; capital Kathmandu area 56,827 square miles (147,181 square kilometers), population 29,718,000
Note: Everest, the world's highest mountain, is located on the border between Nepal and China (Tibet).
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
- ls ‘Series’ Singular or Plural?
- Triumph, Ovations and Other Words from Ancient Rome
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game