Ne·o·trema·ta | \ ˌnēə‧ˈtremətə, -rēm-\
Definition of Neotremata
: an order of inarticulate brachiopods that have the peduncle restricted throughout life to the ventral valve or atrophied in the adults and are known from the Cambrian to the present
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game