Neo·la·si·op·tera | \ ¦nē(ˌ)ōˌlāzē¦äptərə, -āsē-\
Definition of Neolasioptera
: a genus of gall midges (family Cecidomyiidae) whose larvae cause the formation of galls chiefly on the stems of asters, viburnums, dogwoods, and various other plants
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game