Definition of Nebraska
state in the central U.S.; capital Lincoln area 77,355 square miles (200,349 square kilometers), population 1,826,341
Note: The Missouri River forms part of Nebraska's border with South Dakota and the entire border between Nebraska and Iowa and between Nebraska and Missouri.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game