Ne·ba·lia | \ nəˈbālēə\
Definition of Nebalia
: a genus of small marine crustaceans (order Nebaliacea) having the body enclosed in a bivalved carapace, the thoracic feet leaflike, the abdominal feet biramous, and the abdomen composed of eight segments
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?