Definition of Naxcivan
1 exclave of Azerbaijan separated from the rest of the country by Armenia area 2124 square miles (5501 square kilometers), population 398,000
2 city on the Aras River in the exclave of Naxcivan population 75,500
Note: The city of Naxcivan serves as capital of the exclave of Naxcivan.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game