Definition of Naxcivan
1 exclave of Azerbaijan separated from the rest of the country by Armenia area 2124 square miles (5501 square kilometers), population 398,000
2 city on the Aras River in the exclave of Naxcivan population 75,500
Note: The city of Naxcivan serves as capital of the exclave of Naxcivan.
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game