Nat·i·ca | \ ˈnatə̇kə\
Definition of Natica
: a large genus (the type of the family Naticidae) of active marine snails having a thick nearly smooth shell and a large foot with a fold reflected over the head and characterized by burrowing beneath sand or mud along the seashore and drilling other shells
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game