Na·tan·tia | \ nəˈtanchə\
Definition of Natantia
: a suborder of Decapoda comprising crustaceans (as the shrimps, prawns, and related forms) that have the rostrum usually long, the first antenna with a stylocerite, the second antennal scale larger, and the abdomen well-developed, somewhat compressed laterally, and frequently flexed ventrally — compare reptantia
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game