variants: or less commonly Narraganset
plural Narragansett or Narragansetts also Narraganset or Narragansets
Definition of Narragansett
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a member of an American Indian people of Rhode Island
2 : the Algonquian language of the Narragansett people
Definition of Narragansett (Entry 2 of 2)
town and summer resort at the entrance to Narragansett Bay in southern Rhode Island population 15,868
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?