Definition of Naples
city and port on the Bay of Naples (an inlet of the Tyrrhenian Sea) in southern Italy population 962,003
Note: Naples serves as capital of the region of Campania.
see also neapolitan
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game