Napier's analogiesplural noun
Na·pi·er's analogies | \ ˈnāpēə(r)z-\
Definition of Napier's analogies
: four formulas giving the tangent of half the sum or difference of two of the angles or sides of a spherical triangle in terms of the others
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game