Myr·i·o·ne·ma | \ ˌmirēōˈnēmə\
Definition of Myrionema
: a genus (the type of the family Myrionemataceae) of the order Chordariales of brown algae having a minute thallus consisting of a parenchymatous disk made up of radiating filaments and growing epiphytically on other algae (as the sea lettuces)
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?