My·o·dar·ia | \ ˌmīəˈda(a)rēə \
Definition of Myodaria
: a very large section of the suborder Brachycera that comprises typical two-winged flies having 3-jointed antennae with an arista on the third segment, a distinctly segmented abdomen, leg bases near together on each segment, and modified wing venation
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game