Mus·tel·i·dae | \ ˌməˈsteləˌdē\
Definition of Mustelidae
: a large, widely distributed, diverse family (superfamily Arctoidea synonym Canoidea) of relatively small, chiefly carnivorous animals that have usually short legs, a long, often thin body, thick fur, and anal scent glands and that include the weasel, badger, otter, mink, marten, polecat and wolverine
Note: The smallest member of the Mustelidae is the least weasel and the largest is the sea otter.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game