Mus·tel·i·dae | \ ˌməˈsteləˌdē\
Definition of Mustelidae
: a large, widely distributed, diverse family (superfamily Arctoidea synonym Canoidea) of relatively small, chiefly carnivorous animals that have usually short legs, a long, often thin body, thick fur, and anal scent glands and that include the weasel, badger, otter, mink, marten, polecat and wolverine
Note: The smallest member of the Mustelidae is the least weasel and the largest is the sea otter.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game