Mug·gle·to·nian | \ ¦məgəl¦tōnēən, -nyən\
Definition of Muggletonian
: one of a British sect identifying its two founders with the witnesses of Revelation 11:3–6, rejecting the doctrine of the Trinity, condemning preaching and prayer, and believing matter to be eternal and reason the creation of the devil
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?