Definition of Mostar
chief town and former capital of Herzegovina, south central Bosnia and Herzegovina
Note: A 16th century arch bridge in Mostar was destroyed during ethnic fighting in 1992–93.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- What's that Smell?! Quiz Take the quiz
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game