Definition of Moravian
1a : a native or inhabitant of Moravia
b : the group of Czech dialects spoken in Moravia
2 : a member of a Protestant denomination arising from a 15th century religious reform movement in Bohemia and Moravia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?