Definition of Montenegro
country in southern Europe on the Balkan Peninsula bordering the Adriatic Sea; a constituent republic of Serbia and Montenegro 1992–2006 and of Yugoslavia 1946–92; earlier a kingdom whose capital was Cetinje; its capital is now Podgorica area 5333 square miles (13,812 square kilometers), population 614,200
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game