Mono·chla·myd·e·ae | \ -kləˈmidēˌē\
Definition of Monochlamydeae
in some classifications
: a group of Archichlamydeae nearly coextensive with Apetalae and comprising plants with flowers that lack petals or sepals but not both
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?