Monadnock, Mountgeographical name
Definition of Monadnock, Mount
mountain 3165 feet (965 meters) high in southwestern New Hampshire
Note: Mount Monadnock is popular with climbers.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game