Mitchell, Mountgeographical name
Definition of Mitchell, Mount
mountain 6684 feet (2037 meters) high in the Black Mountains of the Blue Ridge in western North Carolina
Note: Mount Mitchell contains the highest point in the U.S. east of the Mississippi River.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?