Definition of Missouri gooseberry
1 : a slender spiny shrub (Ribes missouriense) of the central U.S. that has greenish white flowers
2 : the large edible brown or purplish berry of the Missouri gooseberry
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?