Definition of Minnesota
1 river 332 miles (534 kilometers) long in the southern part of the state of Minnesota flowing from Big Stone Lake to the Mississippi River
2 state in the northern U.S. bordering on Ontario and Manitoba, Canada, and on Lake Superior; capital Saint Paul area 84,068 square miles (218,577 square kilometers), population 5,303,925
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game