Definition of Microcystis
: a genus of unicellular blue-green algae (family Chroococcaceae) forming irregularly shaped colonies within a common gelatinous envelope and including at least one species (M. aeruginosa) that is poisonous and may become abundant and troublesome in lakes especially where much organic matter is present
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game