Mer·mis | \ ˈmərmə̇s\
Definition of Mermis
: a genus (the type of the family Mermithidae) of very slender nematode worms that as adults live in damp earth often appearing on the ground in great numbers after rains and as larvae live in the bodies of insects
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?