Me·lothria | \ mə̇ˈläthrēə, -lōth-\
Definition of Melothria
: a genus of chiefly tropical monoecious herbaceous vines (family Cucurbitaceae) with white or yellow flowers, an elongated ovary, and a fruit resembling a typical berry that are cultivated as ornamentals
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game