Definition of Melbourne
1 city and port on Port Phillip Bay in southeastern Australia metropolitan area population 3,707,530
Note: Melbourne is the capital of Victoria.
2 city in eastern Florida on the Indian River south-southwest of Cape Canaveral population 76,068
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?