Me·lan·o·plus | \ mə̇ˈlanəpləs\
Definition of Melanoplus
: a large American genus containing the migratory locusts of the western U.S. and other common American grasshoppers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game