Mauna Keageographical name (1)
Definition of Mauna Kea
(Entry 1 of 2)
extinct volcano 13,796 feet (4205 meters) high in the north central part of the island of Hawaii
Mauna Loageographical name (2)
Definition of Mauna Loa (Entry 2 of 2)
active volcano 13,680 feet (4170 meters) high in the south central part of the island of Hawaii in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Note: In cubic content, Mauna Loa is the world's largest volcano.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game