Mato Grossogeographical name
variants: or formerly Matto Grosso
Definition of Mato Grosso
1 state of southwestern Brazil bordering Bolivia; capital Cuiabá area 352,400 square miles (912,716 square kilometers), population 3,035,122
2 plateau region in east central Mato Grosso state, Brazil
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game