Mas·tig·amoe·bi·dae | \ ˌmastə̇gəˈmēbəˌdē\
Definition of Mastigamoebidae
: a family of amoeboid zooflagellates that have both pseudopods and a flagellum — see histomonas
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game