Definition of Mars orange
1 : an orange artist's pigment made by calcining Mars yellow
2 or mars orange : a moderate reddish orange that is yellower and darker than flamingo, yellower and duller than crab apple, and very slightly redder and darker than tile red (see tile red sense 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?