Man·te·o·dea | \ ˌmantēˈōdēə\
Definition of Manteodea
: a suborder of Orthoptera often considered a separate order, comprising predaceous insects with the forelegs specialized for seizing prey and including the mantises — see manteidae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game