Mansfieldbiographical name (1)
Definition of Mansfield
(Entry 1 of 3)
Mansfieldbiographical name (2)
Definition of Mansfield (Entry 2 of 3)
Sir Peter 1933–2017 British physicist
Definition of Mansfield (Entry 3 of 3)
1 city west-southwest of Akron in north central Ohio population 47,821
2 city in northern Texas south of Fort Worth population 56,368
3 town in Nottinghamshire, north central England, north of Nottingham population 77,500
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game