Definition of Manipur
1 river 210 miles (338 kilometers) long in northeastern India and western Myanmar (Burma) flowing into the Chindwin River
2 state of northeastern India between Assam and Myanmar (Burma); capital Imphal area 8628 square miles (22,433 square kilometers), population 2,855,794
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game