Definition of Manichaean
1 : a believer in a syncretistic religious dualism (see dualism sense 3) originating in Persia in the third century a.d. and teaching the release of the spirit from matter through asceticism
2 : a believer in religious or philosophical dualism
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game