Definition of Manchuria
region of northeastern China south of the Amur River including Heilongjiang, Jilin, and Liaoning provinces and part of Inner Mongolia and bordering on Mongolia, Russia, and North Korea
Note: Manchuria was the original home of the Manchus.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game