Definition of Mali
1 federation 1959–60 of Senegal and the Sudanese Republic
2 or formerly Sudanese Republic landlocked country in western Africa in the western Sahara, Sahel, and Sudan regions with the Tropic of Cancer crossing its northern tip; a republic; before 1958 it constituted French Sudan (a territory of France) ; capital Bamako area 478,841 square miles (1,240,192 square kilometers), population 18,430,000
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
- ls ‘Series’ Singular or Plural?
- Triumph, Ovations and Other Words from Ancient Rome
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game