Definition of Malayan tapir
: a tapir (Tapirus indicus) that is blackish with a broad white area on the middle part of the body and is found in southern Myanmar and Thailand, Malaysia, and Sumatra A young Malayan tapir, considered one of Southeast Asia's most endangered species, has arrived on long-term loan to the Minnesota Zoo … — Paul Walsh, Star Tribune (Minneapolis, Minnesota), 29 Dec. 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?