Definition of Malawi
country in southeastern Africa bordering on Lake Malawi, but otherwise landlocked; formerly a British protectorate; an independent member of the Commonwealth of Nations since 1964; a republic since 1966; capital Lilongwe area 45,747 square miles (118,485 square kilometers), population 13,077,160
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game