Definition of Malaga
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a sweet brown fortified wine from Málaga, Spain also : a similar wine made elsewhere
Definition of Málaga (Entry 2 of 2)
1 province of southern Spain in Andalusia bordering the Mediterranean Sea; area 2809 square miles (7275 square kilometers), population 1,594,808
2 city and port on the Mediterranean Sea northeast of Gibraltar in southern Spain population 561,435
Note: The city of Málaga is the capital of the province of Málaga.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?