Definition of Makalu
mountain 27,824 feet (8481 meters) high in the Himalayas in northeastern Nepal southeast of Mount Everest
Note: Makalu is the fifth highest mountain in the world.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game